This warm up activity is called a 3 man weave, with an overlapping run.
- Ball starts centrally and plays either right or left with a firm pass, central player than overlaps the outside player with a sprint.
- Wide player takes a positive touch towards the middle of the field and plays ball wide changing the point of attack and then continuing run to overlap wide player.
- Wide player takes a positive touch towards middle and changes the point of attack again and sprints to overlap.
- These concepts will help young player move with and without the ball looking to create space for themselves and their teammates.
- Ball starts on outside player, central players drives forward then checks. The ball is played to from outside player to central player
- Outside player follows pass, central player bumps ball "softly" and outside players passes ball outside again.
- Central player then replaces the area of outside player. New central player drives forward to take real estate.
- Outside player than passes ball into central player and follows. Central player bumps and outside player passes to outside player and drive centrally,
- This repeats down the field.
3 Man weave, driving middle